Parties or Group Bookings for Adults
Hen parties, gatherings and group bookings
All of our day and evening courses can be tailored to create an enjoyable creative gathering, we’re also happy to do special hen or wedding preparation parties. We can fit up to 12 people in here at The Making House or we can come to your venue.
We can do day or evening gatherings, although we do fit parties in around our other workshops and activities, so please allow some flexibility on your dates.
You’re welcome to bring along food and drink and make an evening or afternoon of it. We’re also happy to provide catering at an extra cost, if you’d prefer to just turn up and enjoy!
Prices below are for delivery at The Making House. (Please note prices may vary, if for example you want to use more high quality materials to make your party special). We are happy to come to you, but if travelling to a venue we will need to charge for transport costs, (this includes time spent travelling as well as mileage etc)
– A basic 2 hour jewellery party: (button jewellery, flower brooches/slides, simple beaded designs, textile jewellery). £150, for up to 10 people, £10 per person thereafter up to a maximum of 15 (All materials supplied)
– 2 hour Paper flower workshop: using a variety of papers. You will each create a minimum of 2 flowers, put them together and make a fantastic bouquet. £150, for up to 10 people, £8 per person thereafter up to a maximum of 15. (All materials supplied)
– Small Wire Flowers: A 2 hour workshop for up to 10 people costs £150 add extra people at £10 per head up to a maximum of 15. As a group choose to make either poppies or daisies in wire, you will create a minimum of 3 flowers each.
– Embossed Metal Panels: A 2 hour workshop for up to 8 people costs £150 add extra people at £12 per head up to a maximum of 12. This is a lovely effective technique for creating designs in metal, your panels could be turned in to hook boards, house names or numbers or simply decorative pieces.
– Stylised Needle Felt Owl/Arctic Fox/Badger: A 2 hour workshop for up to 8 people costs £150 add extra people at £10 per head up to a maximum of 12.
– Decorative Glass Cabachons: A 2 hour session for up to 8 people costs £150, add extra people at £10 per head. Create simple but effective colourful glass jewellery, In this workshop you will be introduced to the technique and create up to three pieces of jewellery, including pendants, earrings, rings and hair slides.
Full Day Group Bookings
– Wire Poppies, 10 – 4: In the morning you’ll learn to make the poppies and create a bunch of small wire poppies including poppy seed heads. In the afternoon you’ll make a large poppy or seed head suitable for the garden, but looks just as good indoors! This is a lovely beginners wire workshop and with the skills you’ve learnt you’ll be able to make more at home. This full day workshop costs £250 for up to 8 people, thereafter £15 per person up to a maximum of 12 people.
– Wire Alliums, 10 – 5: You will create a large wire allium for your garden or as a striking indoor decoration. (Combine different wires or create your allium using recycled cans) This is a fantastic wire workshop and with the skills you’ve learnt you’ll be able to make more at home. It is however quite repetitive and can be tough on the hands, so please bare this in mind if you have arthritis, carpal tunnel or similar condition. This full day workshop costs £250 for up to 6 people, thereafter £20 per person up to a maximum of 10 people. (The allium uses a lot of materials and involves quite a lot of preparatory work for me, to make it an achievable project in a day, the price reflects this)
– Full day felt projects: We run a variety of full day needle felt and wet felt workshops, for example (avocets, magpies, woodpecker, hares, reindeers, polar bears, wet felt pictures and bowls), most can be run as a group booking. Prices will vary depending on the complexity of the project but as a guide. a full day workshop would be £250 for up to 8 people, £15 per head thereafter up to a maximum of 12 people.
– Decorative Glass Cabachons: A 2 hour workshop for up to 8 people costs £100, add extra people at £8 per head up to a maximum of 12. Learn this lovely simple technique and create up to four pieces of jewellery, including pendants, earrings, rings and hair slides.
Please email Anna for more details or to arrange a date! firstname.lastname@example.org
“Wanted to thank Anna for coming to our craft group Mum Art Makers and giving us a great tutorial on making jewellery. We really enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to going solo and having another go this week. Hope it’s not too long before we see you again”
“Thank you SO much for Friday. It was absolutely brilliant; we had such fun making the jewellery and you were great!”
Please contact Anna for more details or to arrange a date!
T: 07870 995843